We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Cape Town?

London, UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Cape Town?

I`m going to be in Cape Town early/mid April for around 5-6 days and considering a couple of trips outside the city, one of these will be a Cape point tour but wondering if the day tour that goes to Hermanus is a worthwhile choice for a day out given its out of whale watching season? Thanks for any advice you can give.

London (formerly...
Level Contributor
167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Cape Town?

Hi

It depends what type of things you like. Hermanus is a cute town but i can't really think it can be worthwhile if there's no whales. Try booking a wine tour, they're always fun if you enjoy wines, there are many going to Stellenbosch. If you like seafood you could try booking a tour up the west coast to a place called Langebaan which has a restaurant called The Stranloper which serves the seafood in the traditional west coast style, on fires etc. You could always do a township tour, i've never been on one but i know the tourists enjoy it. They take you into the informal settlements to a shebeen(an informal bar). Another thing you could do( more like a half day tour) is do a tour to robben island and then on your return spend the day browsing around the V&A waterfront.

Just some suggestions i hope they help.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Cape Town?

Hello,

You could also take a trip on Route 62(longest wine route in the world) and visit Robertson, Montague, Have lunch in Barrydale before returning to Cape Town.

The Little Karoo has great scenery to photograph.

Enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
981 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Cape Town?

We used this company :-

http://www.hyltonross.co.za/index.html

for some of our day trips and found them very good and friendly - have a look at their website - even if you decide not to use them it could give you some ideas of the day trips available.

Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central