We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monkey Valley - Near Noordhoek

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Monkey Valley - Near Noordhoek

Following a recommendation from RolyCape has anyone stayed at or heard feedback from people who have stayed at Monkey Valley Resort ?

I'm thinking of staying there with my girlfriend for a few nights, for an executive sea-facing room, I've been quoted R1640 a night, seem ok ?

Thanks

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Monkey Valley - Near Noordhoek

For R1640.00 per night you could find much nicer accommodation, I to have only had bad experiances at Monkey Valley the last being about 7 months ago with people that insisted on staying there and were so disspointed that they moved accommodation after 2 nights, at least they tried, they said it was tired, dirty and unpleasant, honestly I would try for something else I would not throw good money at it.

Cape Town
6 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Monkey Valley - Near Noordhoek

Also a local from Noordhoek and with not a great review for Monkey Valley. My husband and I went to spend a night in their honeymoon suite for an anniversary and it was less than fabulous to say the least, at a hefty cost.

Have also taken friends and clients to dinner/lunch there and it used to be fine, great views,friendly if not the best service and nice food. Since the change of ownership, the food has been inedible, the service non-existant and the whole experience a very sour one-that from a local too.

I would recommend the Food Barn at the Farm Village for wonderful cuisine-Franc is an award winning chef and has a best-selling cook-book. Only advise, book in advance as the locals, from far and wide love it. Also at the Farm Village is Cafe Roux, which is always busy and serves organic and fresh food, in a wonderful setting, with great staff. Also advisable to book, went up last Sunday and they were fully booked for breakfast and lunch. By Cape Town standards in June, almost unheard of. Neither are cheap, but both good value. Stay away from eating at Nag's Head, the pub at the Farm village, over-priced, awful tourist fare. Fine for a drink, but nothing more.

As to accommodation in Noordhoek, always check customer reviews before booking, some are really fabulous and others less so. Try www.safarinow.com or www.wheretostay.co.za for a huge selection of choices, some with reviews.

13. Re: Monkey Valley - Near Noordhoek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:22 pm, September 30, 2009