We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town Pass

Cape Town
12 posts
Save Topic
Cape Town Pass

Hi!

Has anyone used the Cape Town Pass? It seems to me a great thing for tourists who are interested in doing and seeing everything in our beautiful Cape Town.

I'm a local who are often asked for recommendations by tourists and visitors so I thought I'd ask here for other travelers who've used this pass before I recommend it to everyone. I've had a good look at the web site (capetownpass.co.za) and with all the places the holder will have entrance to and all the special offers, I cannot see it being a waste!

I'll be very interested to hear from people who've used it - good and bad!

Baz Bus - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
City Sightseeing
City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Cape Convoy
Shark Diving, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Lucky and Lost Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town Pass

It does seem like quite a good idea, but maybe you have to rush around like a looney to get you moneys worth?

California
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town Pass

That sounds wonderful. Thanks for the advice, RolyCape. My only question is, is it possible to do Cape Town on our own? What is the best way to get around? Especially if we want to tour wineland, table, robbin, etc.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Town Pass

Hire a car. Public transport in South Africa is terrible.

California
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Town Pass

Is hiring a car and driving on our own safe? I just want to make sure as I've heard different opinions on this board. I know there are many places that offer 1/2 day or 1-day tours. Can we just get there and book these tours on the fly in June depending on how much time we have and where we feel like going?

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Town Pass

June as I am sure you have been told is not the best month for Cape Town, so it is low season, therefore you should be able to do everything on the fly. The one thing that might be a problem is the Cable Car. You will want to leave that for a nice day, but so will everyone else.

Even on a nice day wrap up warm for Table Mountain just in case.