We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape town Hotels

northumberland...
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Topic
Cape town Hotels

Thank you everyone who replied to my last post.

Have looked and priced all but I have now been sent a quote for The Ambassadore Hotel stay 7 nights get two free for when we are planning to go which is the end of Feb. Any feed back would be very much appreciated. Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently.

St Georges Hotel is it on the shopping mall where there are plenty of places to sit and have a drink after a days sightseeing. We are not planning on having a car for our stay just doing organised trips and using local transport. Would that be a real problem from St George hotel as well as the Ambassadore

Thank you in anticipation of any replies

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,248 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape town Hotels

If you are not considering getting a car in Cape Town, I would take a hotel at the V&A waterfront. It gives more options for an evening stroll. It also makes for extremely pleasant sun-downers.

There are many hotels, in different price brackets available. There is the Cape Grace, The Table Bay, The Breakwater Lodge, The Victoria and Alfred, City Lodge etc. The more expensive ones have been reviewed on this forum.