We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town Advice

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cape Town Advice

I want to spend 3 nights in Cape Town at the end of our holiday and I am not sure which hotel to book we will have been touring for 10 days so we will not have a car. We are looking at

Arabella Sheraton

Commodore

Cape Heritage

Radisson Waterfront

I suppose the Commodore is the best bet as it is at the waterfront and we would need no car but the Arabella provides a shuttle anybody got any suggestions.

W��rttemberg
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town Advice

I can recommend the Radissson . I have been there for several times. A very good hotel with beautiful view to the sea. You can walk to the waterfront. But they also offer a shuttle every hour till night. So you do not have problems to get here.

The Commodore is also excellent but you are not directly on the sea.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
462 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town Advice

You will not be disappointed with any of your choices but if you want a really special hotel you cannot beat the Cape Grace which is inside the Waterfront.

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
145 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Town Advice

It's not on your shortlist but I would strongly recommend the Victoria and Alfred which is in the heart of the waterfront area. It is only 2 minutes walk to a stop for the red tourist bus which does a circular route around all the places of interest, including the cable car for Table Mountain (you get a day ticket and hop on and off as you wish). The rooms, service and location of the V&A are superb and certainly superior to the Commodore. However, the V&A is not large (only 68 rooms) and sells out quickly in the main season.