We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

knysna

surrey
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
knysna

Thanks for all the help we have had so far from you experts - can't wqit to go to CT in 2 weeks time. All our hotels are booked with the exception of the Garden Route. We are undecided whether to book the 3 days in advance or arrive and choose when we get there. We have been thinking of 2 nights Knysna and one night Outshorn. Also are there any hotels in that area you think are good. All the others we have booked into are expensive eg 2000 rand + per night so thought we might economise at this point. But I could be persuaded for the right hotel as it is a special birthday.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
462 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: knysna

I would choose when you get here. There are very many hotels, lodges and very good B & B's in Knysna. It is not yet peak season so finding accommodation should not be a problem. I would also suggest looking at the Tsitsikamma area or Wilderness area, both near Knysna, as alternatives. There is less choice in Oudtshoorn but you should not have a problem.

In both Knysna (at the Quays) and Oudtshoorn there are Holiday Inn Garden Court hotels which are of a very good standard.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
986 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: knysna

Hi there

In the Wilderness area, you may also want to have a look at the Boardwalk Lodge - I hven't been there personally but it looks really lovely and the rates also look reasonable. Their website address is :

http://www.boardwalklodge.co.za/index.html

Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central