We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cape town weather & hotels (again!)

oxford
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cape town weather & hotels (again!)

travelling to CT mid - end november. will it be all sun and blue skies or what? also thinking of staying at a hotel called the vineyard in newlands. does it have a good rep. i'm concerned it's a bit out of the way so a car would be a must?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cape town weather & hotels (again!)

I dont know the hotel but a car is a must anyway. The weather will be great in November.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
462 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cape town weather & hotels (again!)

The Vineyard is a superb hotel, not a long way from the Newlands cricket and rugby grounds and Kirstenbosch Botanical gardens. However, it is not near the city or Waterfront so a car is a must. The weather should be good but expect some wind. Cape Town is notorious for its south-easter which, as I write, is blowing very strongly. You should expect weather in the evening to be cool at times so come with a sweater or two. Even though the daytime temperatures are warm the wind tends to make things cooler. Once you get out into the winelands area you can expect little wind and much warmer temperatures. Rain is exceptional at this time of year and will not last very long if you do get some.

oxford
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cape town weather & hotels (again!)

thanks for your comments. i look forward to visiting!

Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central