We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town Villas

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Town Villas

Hi, I just wanted to post a review of a villa I stayed at in Cape Town.

It was called Beach Villa 1 and I rented it through Cape Portfolios.

It was so divine. Very big, light, comfortable. Slept 9 adults EASILY. It has a gorgeous pool which overlooks the beach in Camps Bay. It's about five mins walk from Camps Bay main street. It has two tv rooms, a gorgeous master bedroom, two lovely double rooms upstairs, a twin room downstairs and a double room detached from main house (which my youngest brother took and LOVED). It has a big kitchen, a bar area, a dining area - really, it's fab. I dealt with Louise at Cape Portfolios and she was divine. Actually all the staff there were great, they made it all very easy. There was a welcome tray of biscuits and wine, a congrats card (I was there to get married), they arranged cars to pick us all up at airport (we all arrived at different times), they moved us one day when there was drilling next door so that we could sunbathe in peace - they were really lovely to deal with. No complaints whatsoever.

On an aside, we dealt with Jenny Kjellkvist at Action Africa. She arranged a few day trips for us (Robben Island, Penguin beach, a champagne cruise and a driver to ferry us around), she was great also - the champagne cruise followed by dinner in Cape Town was a highlight.

One of my best trips so far as we felt really spoilt and were treated like I imagine five star people are treated. Fab.

London, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town Villas

Why don't you post a review in the actual review section of Tripadvisor?

That way, also people not using the forum can read your review. You can also post photos, etc.

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town Villas

Hi, I tried but they said that I could not - something to do with 'the business not meeting the listing criteria'.

Trip Advisor told me to post in a forum instead.

I was really keen to review this place, as it was so lovely and the people I dealt with were so nice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Town Villas

Really? That is kind of stupid that you couldn't review the place in the review section!

Well, hope that people read it here on the forum then at least!

4. Re: Cape Town Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, October 06, 2009