We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
"Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

Foodies coming to Cape Town may find the following of interest.

timesonline.co.uk/tol/…article5533614.ece

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

I had mentioned this in an earlier thread.

It is currently -2 degrees C. with heavy snow and blizzard winds and I have to go to work, but thinking you guys and girls in the height of a CT summer will keep me warm inside (or is that just the large Black Bush with my porridge!)

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

Actually its partly cloudy and only 23c here today, but the rest of the week will be over 30c! Enjoy the porridge!

Think of the poor passengers flying out of LHR yesterday, the afternoon BA flight was cancelled and the evening one left 2 hours late!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

Just found some excellent news for Belfast, particularly as he is coming here at a colder time of year. Scanning through the Menu of the 1800 Degrees restaurant at the Cape Royale, in relation to a parallel post, I came across the following item on their breakfast menu :

"Irish Porridge - Creamed Irish oatmeal with honey and Jameson whiskey"

I am sure he could persuade them to substitute Black Bush for a more Northern flavour!!

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,173 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

Macsym - it has my 2 favourite restaurants mentioned - Conrad's Geisha as i mentioned in one of my previous posts and Pigalle which i recommended to Helen i think it was. Where did you find this or how. I think we need to post it somewhere for everyone who asks the same question. Where to eat>?????

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

VdC - I hope you are not suggesting it will be sub-zero with snow in CT this August.

I am sitting here in Birmingham (where I work for part of the week) and there is four inches of snow and more coming down. Worse, the hotel had no whiskey in their porridge (Jamebo's is fine by me)

Still good to see a Villa win last night and er oh Liverpool lost didn't they - oh dear !!!!!!!!!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,313 posts
455 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

Here in Oz we have had two weeks of unbearably hot weather, over 45 degrees celsius (110 degrees fahrenheit+) and would gladly swap it for some snow and cold wind..funny how what you crave is always the opposite of what you have...how hot has it got in the winelands this summer btw?..

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

Its 32c in Cape Town today. Paarl is 36c and forecast to be 38c tomorrow.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

However, not a good day for visitors to The Mother City which is almost totally covered in smog/smoke from grass fires close to the city centre....and tomorrow is the opening of Parliament so watch out for road closures.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: "Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

Belfast

Just to reassure you and others on here. The temperature records show that it has only been below zero, in the city, in Cape Town twice in the past 100 years - both times by 0.5 degree!

On your other point this is not a football forum - so no comment!!

10. Re: "Cape Town is Foodie Heaven"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central