We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town with no safari?

TX
5 posts
Save Topic
Cape Town with no safari?

My husband and I are not big safari people. We really want to visit the city of Cape Town, because we love cities, but we would probably not want to do an extended safari. However, if we are in Africa, we feel like we should at least see a few animals! :)

Is there such a thing as day-trip safari?

Will we get bored in Cape Town for 7 days?

Thanks!

Cape Xtreme
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Safaris
san diego,California
Level Contributor
16 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town with no safari?

First of all, you will not be bored in Cape Town. This part of SA is probably the most beautiful in terms of scenery and a wide variety of fauna/flora. Several day trips are possible, which include some game parks-though not as large as Kruger or the other main ones. Check out this website www.sa-venues.com, and click on the links for game parks in and around Cape Town.

There is no such thing as a day trip safai-this usually applies to at least 3-4days. Most of the game parks near Cape Town are approximately 120-200km in distance. 2 examples are

West Coast Natl Park-about 160km from CT, another is Bontebok Natl Park-240km from CT.

Cape Town is awesome-one of the most beautiful cities in the workd. You will have a great stay there.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
105 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town with no safari?

There are a private few game reserves outside Capetown - one of them is Aquila which is 2 hours away ( day trip possible but would be nice to stay one night ). Another one is Garden Route game reserve, about 4 hours away ( better for one night stay or more ). Probably good to just do a little research on the web to see if you do like them.

You will find things to do in Capetown for 7 days - if you happen to be bored with the city, rent a car and drive out to places along the Garden Route eg. Hermanus, Winelands, etc.

I was in Capetown 3 weeks ago for 4 days and wish I had another 4 more !

3. Re: Cape Town with no safari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:31 am, October 23, 2005
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central