We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheaper to book hotels \ car here or when you get there?

West Sussex
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cheaper to book hotels \ car here or when you get there?

Me again....just another quick question. Is it cheaper to pre-book hotels and car hire on line or wait until you get there? Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheaper to book hotels \ car here or when you get there?

It depends on when your trip will be.

If you are going in high season, I'd recommend pre-booking the accommodation.

If you are going in low season (May-September), you will most likely have enough choice once you are here in SA.

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheaper to book hotels \ car here or when you get there?

It depends on what standard of accommodation you are looking for if it is the more upmarket accommodation, you would be wise to pre-book, if you are happy to settle for anything that is available than wait until you get here. I like to know there is a warm bed for me at the end of every day and that I do not still have to look for it.

Car hire you could proberbly get a really good rate before you get here.

Somerset,England
Level Contributor
976 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheaper to book hotels \ car here or when you get there?

I rented a 4 door Polo from Thrifty at CT airport for 250 rand per day - about £16 per day - so you may want to compare but that sounds quite cheap to me

4. Re: Cheaper to book hotels \ car here or when you get there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central