We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle buses from airport to city centre?

ireland
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
shuttle buses from airport to city centre?

hello im arriving on march 27 before noon into capetown,,im wondering are there regular shuttle buses into the city centre as im on my own and would prefer to avoid having to take a private taxi which id imagine is way more expensive ,,any tips appreciated,,john

London, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shuttle buses from airport to city centre?

There are regular buses going to the city centre from the airport.

Your accommodation can most likely also arrange a shuttle for you if you prefer having it pre-arranged.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shuttle buses from airport to city centre?

Hello,

I'd recommend pre-arranging your shuttle service -- it's less expensive than booking a taxi but more private than a bus, and you'll be able to avoid the scrum amongst the taxi touts once they realise you're looking for transport.

Your agent or your hotel should be able to arrange an inexpensive transfer.

Cheers,

Julian

pinelands
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shuttle buses from airport to city centre?

If you are arriving at the International side there are at least 2 companies as you get into the arrivals hall that have small shuttles to the City leaving regularly and if you are coming into the Domestic side, there is a company based in the luggage collection section that is also very good. Do not leave the building to look for transport.

ireland
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shuttle buses from airport to city centre?

thanks a million ! the hostel which ive just booked has told me that they can arrange a shuttle for me for 120rand which i d imagine is fairly cheap,,thanks again,,john

5. Re: shuttle buses from airport to city centre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 22, 2009