We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noon Gun Cafe-Not understanding

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Noon Gun Cafe-Not understanding

I just called the Noon Gun Cafe to see if they would be open on New Year's Day and if they took reservations.

They took my name and phone number. Then they said they didn't know if they would be open or not and told me to call back around Dec 27. I explained I would try but would be on safari and traveling around without a cell phone. I asked if she didn't know whether they would be open or not and she said she didn't know yet. I then asked if she took reservations and she said yes, so I wanted to put down a time but she said no and to call back at the end of the month. Ummmm, why did she take my information? I'm not getting it.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Noon Gun Cafe-Not understanding

OKay, thanks for helping me narrow it down:

Khaya Nyama-Is this Cape Malay food or Afrikaan food and do they serve lunch?

De Volkskombuis, Stellenbosch-Is this far from the Waterfront? Isn't this a separate city? Could we take a cab and when you say Cape cuisine, do you mean Cape Malay, the curry and spicy foods?

Getting closer!

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Noon Gun Cafe-Not understanding

I just re-read the old posts and see now that De Volkskombuis, Stellenbosch is Cape Malay food. That's in another town anyway I think.

So I'm thinking the other one I listed above. That's be cool if they sang and danced!

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Noon Gun Cafe-Not understanding

Khaya Nyama dinner only. Africa Cafe gets good reviews but also

serves dinner only (see previous postings).

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Noon Gun Cafe-Not understanding

Well, darn. It looks like I'm back to square one.

15. Re: Noon Gun Cafe-Not understanding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 14, 2009