We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
829 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

I am coming to Capetown in the near future and am trying to sort out some restaurants, has anyone eaten in any of the above recently ? Could you let me have your comments please.

Thank you.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

Hi

I live in cape Town and would highly recommend Baia for a great evening out.

Not only is the food excellent the whole experience is great, the wine sommelier, the atmosphere all are great.

the prices are high but I have never left there feeling that we have overpaid for our evening.

Nicky

Cape Town
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

By the way, I personlly would skip the showroom. It lacks atmosphere and you can do better elsewhere.

Are you travelling outside of Cape Town into the winelands?

NIkcy

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
829 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

Hi Nicpic

Thank you for your reply . I am spending three nights in Capetown, three nights in Franschoek and back to Capetown for a further two nights. Any other recommendations for restaurants would be greatly appreciated. I have also been recommended Manolos, have you been there? I am staying in Kloof Street area if that helps you.

Many thanks

Bootle 45

Cape Town
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

My office is in Kloof Street so I can tell you that there are a few great places around here within walking distance.

Green's is in Park Road just off Kloof Street, Simply Asia is just in the same road, Great coffee place Vida E Cafe for a great place to chill out and watch Cape Town people go by. Kloof street has many movie related business, film crew, models and the like so always interesting to sit and watch the dynamics

Franshoek is so different, laid back and so many great places to eat. Where are you staying? In the village or out of town.

Nicky

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
829 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

HI Nicpic

Many thanks for replying. I am staying in African Villa in Carstens Street which is I understand close to Kloof Street. I have been recommended Rozenhof which is apparently in that area. I have also been given 95 Keeerom an Italian, Haiku and Saigon, do you know any of these?

In Franschoek I will be staying at Akademie Street Guest House which is apparently right in the centre.

Any comments you have on any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Bootle 45

Cape Town
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

Hi

Yes you are near Kloof street from Carstens street.

95 Keerom Str is another one of our favourites.

Fantastic seared Tuna!!

In Franschoek you are walking distance to the main village so will have a large choice. A little way out of the village is Le Petite Femme which has a great lunch, beautiful views and good wine list.

then there is the Haute Cabriere cellar close by as well and this is an excellent dinner venue, with great wine from their own cellar.

One of the nice things about Franshoek is that you can browse Antique shops and enjoy a lazy lunch in the sun outside at quite a number of cafes. I find some of the resturant too formal and prefer the ambience of the informal ones.

Need any other Cape Town and surrounds advice let me know.

Nicky

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
641 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

Nicky

Hope you dont mind me getting in on the act here but I'm coming to CT on Honeymoon in October. Are you able to recomend any good bars where we could have cocktails then restaurants near-by?

We will be based in Camps Bay. Loved the Five Flies last time we were in CT and would be keen to find other similar quality places - plus others to chill out and relax in.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

Cant go wrong with the Campsbay beach front. there are numerous places where you can sip cocktails and watch the sun fo down:)

Summerville is on the beach front and has great cocktails and a good menu and wine list for dinner. It is next to the Bay Hotel.

Will think about some more and post them for you.

where are you staying?

Nicky

Cape Town
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

Sori, see you are based in Camps Bay.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone tried Baia, Ginja, or The Showroom recently?

Returened about 3 weeks ago, stayed in Camps Bay. Some quick reviews. We're from DC in the US, have eaten at some really good restaurants around the world.

Showroom and Jardine's were excellent, not to be missed.

Blue's at Camp's Bay was way over priced, food was so so.

Azure at Twelve Apostles restaurant was mixed. Nice atmosphere, but food was either good or terrible, depending on what you ordered (all of my shrimp was bad).

Codfather was pretty good.

Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central