We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai & Capetown

Ireland, West...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Dubai & Capetown

Is it possible to combine a honeymoon to both dubai and capetown together, will be staying 3 weeks?

cape town
Level Contributor
251 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai & Capetown

I am sure it is. I have not been to Dubai but have many friends who have abd who have homes there. They say Dubai is great for shopping and I imagine a desert trip would also be great.

There seems to be more to do in Cape Town, and depending on what time of year you would visit Dubai, we certainly don't have their heat problems.

Perhaps 1 week in Dubai and 2 in the Cape

Happy planning

CTCT

Glasgow-Scotland
Level Contributor
821 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai & Capetown

I have been to Cape Town for two weeks and I loved it...but even two weeks not enough to see and do everything on offer. It is amazing and beautiful..So much so I going in April to get married and we will have three weeks in Cape Town, surrounding area and travel along the Garden Route. I would recommend you do Cape Town and leave Dubai for another trip. You will not be disappointed.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,023 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai & Capetown

Dubai is not worth visiting, except for the shopping. Had a short stopover a few years before the building boom and even then it was starting to resemble a building site. Bought some good gold though.

As a holiday destination I would give it a miss. Much more to do and see in South Africa.

Best wishes

Bronia

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,178 posts
1,818 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai & Capetown

Its possible and worthwhile.

We have done Dubai and Mauritius previously.

Alternatively you can so a multi-centre SA trip such as Cape Town, Durban and Sun city.

5. Re: Dubai & Capetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central