We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Fuel Price

Cyberjaya, Malaysia
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Current Fuel Price

Hi, I'm arriving in CT on the 25th of May. Can't tell you how excited I am. I've managed to reserve a rental car from Dollar for a week. Just wondering what the average price of fuel is like right now. Also heard that you can only get fuel with cash. No credit cards. Is that true?

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Current Fuel Price

Petrol price is fixed by the government. There are only supposed to be 2 prices.

R6.77 / litre along the coast

R7.01 / litre inland

Somerset
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Current Fuel Price

Regarding payment for fuel, a very occasional service station will accept credit card but they are so few it would be wise to consider it as cash only.

3. Re: Current Fuel Price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, August 31, 2009