We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Pass

Malle, Belgium
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
City Pass

Dear

In September I'm going to Cape Town. We are staying a few days.

Of course we want to see as much 'attractions'. So we want to buy a citypass in advance.

But there are a lot of passes:

- Iventure Pass (bleu color)

- Cape Town City Pass (Pink color)

- City attractions Pass (red color) unlimited premium pass

Can somebody tell me what to take and why and what not to take and why?

Kind Regards

3 replies to this topic
Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,688 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: City Pass

I would suggest that first, you figure out how many days you will have in Cape Town, and what you want to see, in the available time.

Then, you can have a look at what the various passes offer, fit those benefits into your available time, and list of desirable attractions, then purchase the pass which best suits your interests and available time, and value for money, for you.

Some, like the unlimited premium, for example, has so many advantages, that it is unlikely , unless you are spending a lot longer than "a few days", you will be able to fit everything in, and get your "money's worth", so to speak.

Edited: 3:25 am, July 11, 2018
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Pass

I generally find tourist passes, such as the ones mentioned in your post, not worth the money. This is not applicable just for Cape Town, but all over the world. Reasons -

If you apply simple arithmetic, they seem to offer huge discounts compared to prices of the individual attractions. However,

- there is a good chance that the pass includes several attractions that you (otherwise) would not have cared to visit.

- the passes have limited duration. It may be impossible to see all the listed attractions in a meaningful manner within the given time limit.

Based on what you really want to see and how much time you have, some serious study is needed to check whether the pass is really good value for money.

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,688 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: City Pass

#2, agreed, basically what I said in my posting ;-))

Reply to: City Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central