We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour company needed for daytrip to Hermanus

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
tour company needed for daytrip to Hermanus

Hi I will be visiting Cape Town in October and need to arrange some day trips. The day trip we wanted to book via Virgin to Hermanus for Whale watching can't be booked unless we book whole holiday with them (too expensive!).

We are two young ladies by ourselves, so need a proper tour, rather than public transport. Have looked up 'Hylton Ross' mentioned on a previous post, can anyone suggest any others for reliable day tours? want to check out all options

many thanks

W

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Sustainable Africa
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Day Trips
Wine Desk
Sightseeing Tours
African Blue Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Ashanti Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours
Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,123 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour company needed for daytrip to Hermanus

Your hotel can give you help with this or you can rent a car for the day and be on your own.. for whales in October, continue a half hour past Hermanus to De Kelders for great whaleviewing from the shore or book a trip in Gansbaai (5 more minutes) on the boat with the license for Walker Bay, http://www.whaleviewing.co.za/. Hermanus is a neat town with shops, restaurants, natural beauty. Young ladies show up there every day - and enjoy themselves immensely.. no worries, W.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,488 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tour company needed for daytrip to Hermanus

Springbok Atlas - only departs Saturdays so may not be of use

www.springbokatlas.co.za/day_tours_list.php…

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour company needed for daytrip to Hermanus

Hi, my top two recommendations would be Hylton Ross or Springbok Atlas, but there are other tour companies, I haven't spoken to anyone who has been on them, so it would be nice of someone posted who has actually had personal experience.

There is Lynx tours that does a day trip to Hemanus:

www.infocapetown.com/day_tours_cape_town.htm

Also LED tours:

http://www.sa-venues.com/itinerary/led-11.htm

Then I see that Thompsons tours who is a very reputable company allows you to kind of create your own tour package, so perhaps an email enquiry with them may be helpful:

thompsons.co.za/FurtherConsultation/Travel-E…

Enjoy your holiday.

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour company needed for daytrip to Hermanus

thanks very much guys, I think I need to investigate a bit further

what would we do without email!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
13,135 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tour company needed for daytrip to Hermanus

ladyluck

If you're able to hire a car, then that might be your best answer. I think public transport might be tricky anyway.

There are two obvious routes to drive - either follow the coast (pretty but slow) or take the motorway from Cape Town and turn off at Caledon (not unattractive either).

A car will also give you the option of getting to De Kelders as mentioned in a previous post - something we might well do during our second visit, also in October. If you can, think about an overnight stop to get the most out of the trip. Whilst whales are always around in october there can be days with few sightings. There are plenty of places to stay in hermanus to suit most budgets.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
6. Re: tour company needed for daytrip to Hermanus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:58 am, March 31, 2007
7. Re: tour company needed for daytrip to Hermanus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:24 am, August 29, 2009