We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bloukrans bridge bungee

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
28 reviews
23 helpful votes
Bloukrans bridge bungee

Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any tours/transfers/ cheap ways to get to bloukrans bridge, preferably without driving there myself through rental car!

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Bloukrans bridge bungee

Take a look here:

http://www.bungybus.co.za/

and here

bokbus.com/5-day-garden-route-tour/bloukrans/

and that old faithful Bazbus, here

http://www.bazbus.com/towns.html

I am also pretty certain that you can get a Cityliner bus from Cape Town to Plettenberg Bay and then a shuttle to the bridge. The Cityliner will take about 9 hours to get to Plettenberg and a one way ticket will cost you somewhere between R350 and R400. I'm not sure about the shuttle schedule and cost. You can check out more information on the Cityliner website here

https://www.citiliner.co.za/

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
28 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: Bloukrans bridge bungee

Thank you! How safe is the citibus?! Even if I do go I'm thinking I may have to stay overnight! Seems like at lot of hassle and expense for 5secs of bungee pleasure! Lol!

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Bloukrans bridge bungee

There is a bungee experience at the Gouritz bridge, which is a bit nearer to Cape Town (but not a huge amount)

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
262 posts
205 reviews
54 helpful votes
4. Re: Bloukrans bridge bungee

There is a whole lot to do in the area; you could easily stay two nights to get some of these done. It's beautiful and adventure tours into the forests are highly recommended.

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
23 reviews
32 helpful votes
5. Re: Bloukrans bridge bungee

We're going to do the bungee Jump in early January. We are flying from Cape Town one way for £75 each. It's a 6 hour plus journey otherwise.... my Son-in-Law is jumping for a children's air ambulance charity :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Bloukrans bridge bungee

ArtV, the bungee jump at Gouritz River bridges has been closed for a few years now. The jump platform was on the old road bridge and was closed down by the provincial government in 2009 because of safety concerns

Although you can still access the parking area on the north side of the N2 the old road bridge and the old railway bridge have been fenced off to try and make them inaccessible except for the most intrepid of explorers

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
28 reviews
23 helpful votes
7. Re: Bloukrans bridge bungee

Cheers for all the travel advice everyone!! I'm thinking I may give it a miss!! :( Far too much travel and expense and the sake for it!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Bloukrans bridge bungee

Dont miss out on this!! Wow what an incredible experience. It is well worth the travel. We stayed at Tsitsikaama village inn- a real gem of a place! The bungee itself is very well managed and the staff make you feel secure. If its not too late, you should definitely head out this way. One of the many many highlights of a big trip :)

9. Re: Bloukrans bridge bungee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 02, 2018