We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Bay Atlantic Guest House

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Bay Atlantic Guest House

Hi, Anyone stayed here? Comments pls, Is it close enough to local restaurants and the beach?

Thanks,

Selwyn Davidowitz...
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Bay Atlantic Guest House

Latina34,

I know Bay Atlantic pretty well and can confirm that it is a most hospitable place to stay at. The views form the guesthouse, especially from the pool area, are stunning to say the least. If you stay at the venue you would be within walking distance of the Camps Bay strip (Sea, beachfront , coffee shops, restaurants and shops region). Fair warning the walk will be a slight uphill journey when returning to the guesthouse. The only downside to the guesthouse is that even though the rooms are well appointed they are rather small however if you are staying at the guesthouse I dont suspect that with all that Cape Town offers you will be spending too much time at the guesthouse other than sleeping in the room>For this purpose the rooms are most certainly adequate. If you do book at this establishment try and book the upstairs suite or the room next to the pool.

Hope you have a great stay in our city.

Selwyn Davidowitz

Very proudly part of the wonderful rainbow nation of South Africa

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The Bay Atlantic Guest House

Selwyn Davidowitz Thanks for you help!!!

The atlantic and bay room are ok?

Thanks,

Patricia.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,084 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Bay Atlantic Guest House

Hi Patricia

In Cape Town, and Camps Bay in particular, "slightly uphill" has a totally different meaning to London! But it is a short walk.

Otherwise I agree with Selwyn about the Bay Atlantic. Friends of ours from the UK have stayed there many times - sometimes for two and three months. Bernie and David are excellent hosts.

Cape Town Central...
Destination Expert
for Camps Bay
Level Contributor
224 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Bay Atlantic Guest House

I can offer a thirds "thumbs up" for The Bay Atlantic. It is superbly located, and it's an easy walk back from the beach; don't be scared off by the talk of a hill. It's probably only about 200m walk.

Like Selwyn said, I would recommend going for one of the upstairs rooms with a view.

Enjoy your stay!

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Bay Atlantic Guest House

Thanks!!!!

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
984 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Bay Atlantic Guest House

Hi

Not sure if you have booked anything yet?

But we have just come back from Camps bay - 3rd trip and stayed at a fab s/c unit with private pool

Google 'The Patch' Camps Bay.

We are planning a forth trip to stay already.

Only a 10 mins walk up&down to the main restaurants etc....

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Bay Atlantic Guest House

Hi everyone,

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I'm posting this test message to help a TripAdvisor member with some technical difficulties. Please disregard this message.

Thanks,

Dan

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,084 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Bay Atlantic Guest House

Well as Dan bumped this thread up, I can say that I was at The Bay Atlantic, visiting friends, a week or so ago and I can confirm that they found it as good as ever (and good value)!

9. Re: The Bay Atlantic Guest House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 12, 2010