We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

51 on Camps Bay vs Atlanticview Capetown Botique Hotel

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
118 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
51 on Camps Bay vs Atlanticview Capetown Botique Hotel

Hello, we are debating between the Atlanticview Capetown Botique Hotel and 51 on Camps Bay. We do not want to rent a car, so we're hoping to be within walking distance to resturants, shops and the beach. Which hotel is better. If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to comment! Thanks.

Cape Town Central...
Destination Expert
for Camps Bay
Level Contributor
224 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 51 on Camps Bay vs Atlanticview Capetown Botique Hotel

If you are not wanting to rent a car I would probably go with 51 on Camps Bay. It is about 5 minutes walk to the beach and the promenade with all the restaurants and bars.

AtlanticView is a bit plusher, but it is higher up on the hill, and certainly not an easy walk to the restaurants and beach.

Both are excellent establishments though, and I doubt that you would regret either choice.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
642 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 51 on Camps Bay vs Atlanticview Capetown Botique Hotel

can only comment on Atlantic View - it is stuning. One of the most enjoable and hospitable places I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. You could be in this property without a car - they have a driver and car, but for anywhere in Cape Town / and Camps Bay I'd recomend having a car.

East Midlands
Level Contributor
48 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 51 on Camps Bay vs Atlanticview Capetown Botique Hotel

We were hoping to stay at 51 on Camps Bay next April but they were all booked up - I think it is very popular (was in some top 10 places to stay guide (Guardian perhaps) recently).

We've gone for the Primi Seacastle hotel as our second choice because it is near the beach/restaurants etc.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 51 on Camps Bay vs Atlanticview Capetown Botique Hotel

Agree totally with Littlejohn - AtlanticView is in a league of its own - beautiful luxurious house, fantastic hospitality, stunning views. If you wnat something special go for Atlanticview - but it's not as convenient to the beach, bars and restaurants as 51. (But taxis are heap). Whale Cottage is also very convenient to the beach (a couple of minutes walk) and very competitively priced for Camps Bay. Nice views and very hospitable, but the room we had when we stayed in January (which was very large and light filled) was a bit tatty decor-wise and the bathroom definitely needed remodelling.

5. Re: 51 on Camps Bay vs Atlanticview Capetown Botique Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 13, 2009