We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you.

Ipswich, England...
Level Contributor
429 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Thank you.

Only 2 more sleeps before we fly to Cape Town.

I would like to say a big thank you to all T.A. contributors. You have answered all my questions and helped me put together what promises to be a fantastic itinerary for my first visit to South Africa.

Special thanks to Van-De-Caab, Hank (Ulungele) and Joyceyorks who always give me good information and advice.

Happy New Year to you all.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you.

Eileen. Thanks so much. I hope - No, I'm sure - you will have a wonderful holiday! Look forward to hearing about it.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
4,444 posts
576 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you.

Eileen

I've enjoyed reading your posts over the last few weeks and hope your husband isn't disappointed by the local ales :)

My favourite non wine tipple is Savannah Dry cider or at lunchtime their light version, with some ice and a slice of lemon. Tastes much better than at home!

Hopefully you will post a trip report when you get back home

As VDC says, I am sure you will have a fantastic holiday. Say hi to O'Nel and Thys from me. I'll be there in March!!

Lisa

Ipswich, England...
Level Contributor
429 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank you.

Thanks Lisa and VDC. I will certainly put together a trip report. I regret not doing so after other trips but I'm a "Trip Advisor Virgin" having only recently discovered how useful the site is.

VDC, I wouldn't take any notice of anyone who finds your posts "patronising", seen on an earlier topic. I guess not all can "get" your sense of humour.

Edited: 2:05 pm, January 03, 2014
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank you.

Hi Eileen K

Happy new year to you as well and may you have a blessed trip to South Africa. I am sure that you will.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Ipswich, England...
Level Contributor
429 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank you.

Thanks Hank. I'm sure I will too. Thank you for the tip about Camissa doing a combined Township and Robben Island tour.

I had hoped to visit a school in the Township to take school supplies but it will still be school holidays. However I can take things to a school and a pre-school in Knysna on 17th with Ella from Emzini Tours. It promises to be a joyful experience.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
4,444 posts
576 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thank you.

Eileen

Just seen that you're staying at the Rockwell, can really recommend Cafe Dijon for dinner. It's on the ground floor of the Rockwell and does fantastic steaks

Lisa

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thank you.

Happy new year and enjoy your trip. We have 10 sleeps to go!?,!

Ipswich, England...
Level Contributor
429 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thank you.

Thanks Lisa,

Will definitely give it a go.

After an overnight flight, won't be much into exploring

Edited: 5:50 pm, January 03, 2014
Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
5,194 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thank you.

Have a great trip Eileen.

Happy that you have found TA so useful and hope you have a wonderful time in SA.

Even though we just returned I am so jealous of all you guys soon heading back lol!

Ipswich, England...
Level Contributor
429 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thank you.

Thank you thesandmans,

We won't be going to Kruga but may need your expertise on next trip.