We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to get to Geogre Airport without private car?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is it possible to get to Geogre Airport without private car?

Is it possible to get to Geogre Airport without private car? Because I don't know driving but I intend to go to Johannesberg by flight from Geogre.

Thx!

Somerset
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to get to Geogre Airport without private car?

Where would you be travelling from to get to George ??

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to get to Geogre Airport without private car?

I intend to go to Johannesberg from Geogre. Since I don't have much time so I want to go there by flight.

Somerset
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to get to Geogre Airport without private car?

OK I understand you want to get to George Airport so you can then fly to Johannesburg but you ask if it is possible to get to George airport without private car. where will you be travelling FROM to get to George Airport. If ytou are based in George then obviously it would not be a problem but if you are, say, based in Cape Town and want to get from there to George Airport you would have a problem. So let us know where you are travelling from when you head for George Airport.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to get to Geogre Airport without private car?

Ok..sorry. Maybe I can clarify more.

I intend to go to Oudstoorn first from Cape Town. Then, I will go from Oudstoorn to Geogre the day after. I intend to go to Geogre Airport immediately after arriving in Geogre.

Hence, what's the most convenient way to go to airport?

Thx again

Somerset
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to get to Geogre Airport without private car?

I would think it would be quite easy to arrange a private taxi from George out to the airport, it is only a few kilometres. Alternatively, I presume you have your transport arranged from Outdschoorn to George, why not ask them to take you to the airport rather than into George.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it possible to get to Geogre Airport without private car?

Is it convenient to find taxi in the Garden Route zone? If the taxi service is easy to find, I may even want to go to Knysna directly instead of passing through Geogre.

And how much does it cost if I mainly rely taxi for my transportation? Actually, I mainly want to go to Knysna and back to Geogre airport.

Thx!

7. Re: Is it possible to get to Geogre Airport without private car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, September 15, 2009