We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warmest clothes needed in early summer?

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
463 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Warmest clothes needed in early summer?

My wife and I will visit South Africa from mid-November through early December. We'll be in Cape Town, Addo National Park, Wilderness and at the Arabella Western Cape hotel (inland from Hermanus). Looking at weather/climate websites, I assume that during this time of year, at most we'll each need a light jacket in case of occasional rain or some coolness in the night. Do I assume correctly?

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Warmest clothes needed in early summer?

My choice of clothing would be a lightweight comfortable fleece and a thin plastic drymac/windcheater, that could be worn over it, if necessary.

Rain is unlikely, especially in the Western Cape. You might have a thunderstorm in Addo, but it shouldn't last long.

South Coast
Level Contributor
153 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warmest clothes needed in early summer?

Your assumption is perfectly correct! A light jacket but the weather should be great. Can be windy at any time in Cape Town.

3. Re: Warmest clothes needed in early summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 13, 2009