We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

J'Berg To Sun City

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
Save Topic
J'Berg To Sun City

Can anyone recommened best way to get from J'Berg airport to Kwa Maritane (Pilansberg)?

We won't be renting car so is there regular/safe/easy bus route etc to go fromJ'Berg airport to Pilansberg/Sun City?

Thanks

Cape Town
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: J'Berg To Sun City

From a previous post: "For more information on shuttles to/from Sun City and details for transportation, you can contact Afri Adventures. Their website address is www.afriadventures.co.za"

ireland
Level Contributor
150 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: J'Berg To Sun City

Hi Andrew

I think you should consider hiring a car - easy and more fun

Pilanesberg...
Level Contributor
442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: J'Berg To Sun City

Hatter is on the ball. www.afriadventures.co.za is the absolute best rate - about half of what Magic Bus and Welcome tours ask. They have just started operating officially in July though they got the contract from Sun City in April already. You will probably have to take a transfer with Kwa itself from Sun City - it's either R40 or R60pp one way; can't remember what they told me. Ask AA if they can drop you for an extra fee.

Anyway, this is much better than a shuttle that is about R1500 one way(double the rate of Magic Bus/Welcome) or R1800 + the touts at JIA will try charge you.

Enjoy your trip - Kwa & Pilanesberg = awesome

Pilanesberg...
Level Contributor
442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: J'Berg To Sun City

hi all, my previous info is now outdated. Afriventures is not based at Sun City anymore ...

Edenvale, South...
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: J'Berg To Sun City

Hi,

I am aware of a regular bus service from Eastgate shopping centre to Sun City.

Alternatively try computicket web-site. they do bookings including busses.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: J'Berg To Sun City

Hello - I am also looking for a way to get from Jo'berg to Kwa Maritane. I am considering renting a car but am concerned about the car-jacking hype. Thoughts?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: J'Berg To Sun City

The possibility of being involved in a car-jacking are tiny. As someone said in a recent post, ther may be one a day, if that, and consider the population of Johannesburg/Soweto etc is millions I wouldn't even stop to worry about it. A rental car offers much more flexibility. We have driven many thousands of miles over the past eight years visiting SA and never had the slightest safety problem. If yougo for a car, just act sensibly. Get a good map, plan your route and give yourself plenty of time. Otherwise enjoy you trip

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,192 posts
1,435 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: J'Berg To Sun City

We always hire a car from Jburg airport to Sun City and have never had a problem. The roads are extremely good and well sign posted. Just keep your windows up/doors locked at junctions.

Major car companies are located at the Airport.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: J'Berg To Sun City

I've taken everyone's advice and rented a car. It was an easy drive and everything worked out perfectly. Thanks!

Israel
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: J'Berg To Sun City

Unfortunately, renting a car is not an option for me.

I heard that Ingelosi tours have a regular bus. Has anybody heard of them?