We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Weather Conditions

New York City
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Help - Weather Conditions

My wife and I would like to visit sun city but are unsure what months are the best to travel in due to the southern hemisphere climate .. can anyone help? We would ideally like to go in April, is it still warm then? When I say warm I mean able to swim in an outdoor pool rather than sun bathe.

Thanks ..

South Africa
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Weather Conditions

The weather in April should be warm enough. It is usually about 26 C - 28 C at that time of the year.

It is a malaria free area so you do not have to take any precautions. There are mosquitos and to prevent being bitten you can buy a spray called Peaceful Sleep at Sun City.

A good website to visit.

www.sa-venues.com/weather/northwest.htm

http://www.sa-venues.com/nwp_tourist_info.htm

Annemarie Marshall

South Africa
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Weather Conditions

Hi

The best times to visit the bushveld areas is always during our winter seasons. Thus April is a very good time. It does get cool evening and at morning but with a unique freshness. If you are climatised in colder Europe the swimming pool is still very accecible. Remember also that most bigger hotels and holiday places will have heated pools. Feel free to phone or mail me. Ronnie at mwrondel@mweb.co.za +27826540583