We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Considering SAA safari tour for Nov or Dec 2010

Wayland
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Considering SAA safari tour for Nov or Dec 2010

Anyone have experience with SAA? Tour includes stays at Comodore Hotel in Cape Town and jeep tour to Pilanisberg Nat'l Pk. with choice of staying at Kwa Maritane or Bakubung Bush Lodge. Which is better and why? Appreciate any info. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Bakubung Bush Lodge
Bakubung Bush Lodge
900 Reviews
Pilanesberg National Park, South Africa
Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,256 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Considering SAA safari tour for Nov or Dec 2010

As I just posted on your other thread, if you are planning to spend more than a day I would stongly recommend that you consider Kruger instead. Pilansberg is great for one day or a single overnight. Kruger for any longer.

Of the two lodges at Pilansberg I have only stayed at Kwa Maritane which is a large hotel - about the size of a medium Kruger Park Rest Camp. Great for conferences though. Bakubung is, I think, a bit smaller but still a large hotel rather than a "Bush Lodge".

2. Re: Considering SAA safari tour for Nov or Dec 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:59 am, February 06, 2011