I am planning a family trip in May with our 3 kids (from 5 to 12) from Johannesburg in the Northern Cape. We have roughly 10 days. My plan is the following :
- leave in the afternoon and sleep somewhere around Kuruman : any recommendation ?
- drive to Kgalagadi and stay 3 nights there
- then I was thing of Ai/Ais-Richtersveld : is it better on Namibian side or SA side ? Shall I drive from Mata Mata through southern Namibia to Hobas (how long does it take ?) or back to Upington and then to SA side of the park ?
- I am driving a Volvo XC90 : would I be able to drive in the park ?
- and then a night stop in Augrabies on the way back to Upington...then Joburg
What do you think ? Any other recommendation ?