We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bushwise Safari Lodge

Which Malelane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Bushwise Safari Lodge

I am just about to book a stay in Bushwise Safari Lodge, it will be my birthday while i'm there so i want somewhere brilliant, but there aren't many reviews of it anywhere, does anyone have any advice?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bushwise Safari Lodge

Hi--we just returned from a stay at Bushwise. It is very nice for the price. The owner and guides are welcoming and accomodating. However, it is very basic, not luxurious or "brilliant." As far as food, you are provided only breakfast and dinner, and need to buy snacks and lunch during your safari in Kruger Park. There is a very nice soaking pool and a patio, all outdoors, so it can be quite hot in summer. The rooms are very nice and air-conditioned. The biggest downside is that the lodge is 30 minutes from Kruger Park along a very bumpy road. Hence the staff usually takes you on day long safaris (leaving at 5 am and returning at 7 pm) which can be very exhausting. The location on the Crocodile River is fun, though, and we saw lots of animals not far from the lodge. We were there less than a week ago, so feel free to write back with more questions.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bushwise Safari Lodge

that's good, i knew they were half an hour from the gate to the park, so i can live with that. i don't really understand why you'd have to do 5am-7pm game drives, don't all the animals disappear in the middle of the day when it's really hot?

did you do anything else with them besides game drives? we were thinking of getting them to organise a trip to the panorama route for us.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bushwise Safari Lodge

Right, the animals do disappear, but the folks at Bushwise figure that since they are a half hour from the gate, that to do a morning drive, come back to the lodge and then an afternoon drive means 2 hours of drive time a day. During the afternoon, we drove to outlooks and other spots, and we did see some animals. Having said this, though, if you are the only guests, they will do whatever you want. If you want to go out at 5 am and come back by 3 pm, I'm sure they will do that. The problem comes when there are other guests that may want to stay out all day--that's what happened when we were there. There are only 2 guides--I don't know if they would send out two groups doing two different things.

This is a small operation--I'm not sure how they would arrange a panorama tour for you, but you can always ask.

4. Re: Bushwise Safari Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Malelane