We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to stay in 2 lodges - where and which ones?

Norfolk
8 posts
Save Topic
Want to stay in 2 lodges - where and which ones?

Hello there

quick question, going to Kruger in September 07. Would like to stay in 2 lodges. Been doing alittle bit of research and hear Sabi Sands Reserve is good.

Is it worth while staying at 2 lodges in the same reserve..... or is it pointless as i wouldn't see much different?

And how do i get to the different lodges? It seems silly to rent a car and it sit there for 3 days while i'm on Safarii!?

If anyone could help i would really appreciate it!

- Nade

Outlook Safaris
Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Vula Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to stay in 2 lodges - where and which ones?

It will most definately be worth your while to stay at 2 lodges in the same reserve, especially if that reserve is the Sabi Sand Game Reserve! Each lodge is so different, and the game viewing areas that they traverse on is also very different! Some of the lodges do share traversing rights (conduct their game drives on the same property), and if you would prefer to have game drives conducted on different properties, then don't go to 2 who share traversing area. To give you an example, Leopard HIlls and Ulusaba are both excellent lodges, but they share the same game viewing area. I know which lodges traverse where, and would be happy to advise you on this.

A road transfer can be arranged from one lodge to the next, so that's not a problem.

You don't need to rent a car to go to the lodges, you can fly direct from Jhb to the lodge (approximately R3250 per person return). For a cheaper option you could fly from Jhb to Kruger Mpumalanga International Aiport in Nelspruit with a low cost airline like Nationwide (www.nationwide.co.za) and then get a road transfer from the airport to the lodge. Let me know if you have any further questions - I'd love to help!

Norfolk
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to stay in 2 lodges - where and which ones?

thank you so much for your advice. Could you recommend 2 lodges then that don't share the same area that would be best for our honeymoon....................?

kind regards!

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to stay in 2 lodges - where and which ones?

I'll gladly recommend 2 lodges that don't share the same traversing area, but please give me an indication of your budget for the safari part of your honeymoon (per person per night). Rates at good lodges vary from about R2000 per person per night (all inclusive) to R7000 pppn, so if I have an idea of how much you want to spend, I'll be able to recommend lodges that are in your price bracket!

4. Re: Want to stay in 2 lodges - where and which ones?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 22, 2009