We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Imbali safari lodge

Stockholm
3 posts
Save Topic
Imbali safari lodge

Has anyone been to the Imbali Safari lodge in the Kruger Park? I am about to book 3 nights there - got a really good deal.

But there are so many lodges that look just gorgeous so wanted to hear from someone who's been there if the Imbali is a good choice for a memorable experience.

/Eva

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Imbali safari lodge

I have stayed at Imbali before. Accommodation, food, service was great. Game viewing was very disappointing, though. The lodge is on a private concession in Kruger, and the animals aren't as habituated as areas in Timbavati & Sabi Sands to the vehicles yet. The Timbavati & Sabi Sands also form part of the Greater Kruger National Park, meaning that there aren't any fences between them - the animals can come and go as they please. However, in Timbavati & Sabi Sands they have been doing game drives in open vehicles for years and years, making the animals (especially the big 5) extremely relaxed around open game viewing vehicles. If game viewing is high on your agenda, I wouldn't recommend Imbali. If you 're just looking for a good time in the bush, and won't mind if you don't see much, then Imbali will be fine!

2. Re: Imbali safari lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 26, 2009