We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to honeymoon in January?

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Best place to honeymoon in January?

Hi,

We're getting married in early New Year and we are completely at a loss as to where to go on honeymoon. My fiance doesn't really want the lying on a beach sipping cool drinks kind of holiday and I don't want an action packed never stop holiday so we have been trying to come to a compromise. We would like about 7-10 days away somewhere where we could have a relaxing time but still have things to see or visit etc.....The weather is not a deciding factor so feel free to mention anywhere you think would be ideal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

South Africa
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to honeymoon in January?

Perfect choice to visit a game Park like Kruger National Park or Kapama!

This web site will give you all the info you need to make reservations.

There is a lot to see and do in this area. You will be able to overnight at one place and make day trips to nearby sights, eg Bourke's Luck Pot Holes, God's Window, Pelgrim's Rest, Mac Mac Falls, Cheetah Foundation, Elephant Rides at Kapama, Game trips, etc.

Temperature during January is very warm and sunny.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to honeymoon in January?

First off, congrats on your upcoming honeymoon.

If you have 7-10 days I would recommend only 3 days in a Lodge in the Kruger area (where will depend on your tastes and budget)

Then I would suggest as something exotic-- a visit to the Polana Hotel in Maputo, Mozambique for 2 nights. Then you can connect nonstop to Cape Town on South African Express and spend 2 to 4 nights in Cape Town- lots to see and do --catering for both of you.

If you plan things right, you can fly from DUB-CPT on the LTU flight and then start your honeymoon in Cape Town, and fly to Maputo, Mozambique on the intro fare. After Maputo, head for the Kruger Park by road- hire car/tour operator then stay at your chosen Lodge for the finishing experience and leave direct to Cape Town from MQP/KMIA for your return flight to DUB.

Different but very interesting!

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to honeymoon in January?

I would definately recommend that you incorporate a safari while you're in SA! Try to go to one of the private game lodges in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve (by far the best big 5 game viewing!). Depending on your budget, you could go for Exeter River Lodge, Leadwood Lodge, Elephant Plains, Leopard Hills or one of the numerous others! January/February is a good time for special rates at these ultra luxurious lodges!

4. Re: Best place to honeymoon in January?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, August 24, 2009