We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation near Phalaborwa Gate.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation near Phalaborwa Gate.

Hello,

Flying UK/ joburg/ Hoedspruit so after a lot of travelling want a short drive and overnight stop over just outside park before heading north to either Mopani or Shingwedzi. My idea is good b&b/guesthouse at Phalaborwa Gate within waking distance of restaurant or one that does a decent evening meal. and if its near a supermarket even better.

On a slightly different topic ( and if i need to be redirected to a different forum please point me in the right direction ) After the Kruger we are heading for Hluhluwe so what would be the best last southern camp, then exit gate and route round Swaziland.Only avoiding Swaziland because read border crossings can be time consuming and intend doing it in one long drive due to lack of spare days.

Sorry if that was a bit long hope detail helps Thank you.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Accommodation near Phalaborwa Gate.

well looks like going through Swaziland on route suggested. shorter distance plus border crossings should prove easier than longer route.unfortunately not able to stop this time due to time restraints. Would do the western route if staying over.

Just bought Mike Unwins Bradt guide it looks like THE definitive book on everything Swazi`

Provisional date for trip early November.

man of kent
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Accommodation near Phalaborwa Gate.

Hi guys just thought id throw this in my cousin Lianne Carroll(great jazz musician) teaches piano at a posh girls school near Brighton. She was teaching this girl from Swaziland to play and asked what her dad done, "oh hes the King" came the reply. 100% true

23. Re: Accommodation near Phalaborwa Gate.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 15, 2015