We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

balule v klaserie

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
balule v klaserie

We had SO nearly decided on nThambo for 3 nights then The Outpost for 3 nights, when I read a great review of Naledi in Balule. I had previously discounted balule as I thought game density would be less, and (I am not sure why I thought this) that Balule would feel less "wild" with lots of telegraph poles and fences, but I may be totally wrong about this. The big attraction of Naledi for me is the private hides that they can take you to, and leave you for the morning.I really love that idea.

So, 2 questions - is Balule as good generally for game?

And, are there other lodges in Klaserie that also have private viewing hides?

Sabi Sands is really too expensive for us.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: balule v klaserie

Thanks Brett am sure another post will be removed because of the facts,,,,,,,,,I hope other future visiitors to Sabi wont expect 1 vehicle, even 2 and as Dave says you pay for exclusivity.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: balule v klaserie

No problem stargaize.

Agreed. I hope it doesn't start becoming a bit of a circus, most importantly at the expense of our precious wildlife and also at the expense of paying guest!

Bill - You're 100% correct about EP and that's why it is normally quite difficult to get bookings unless you enquire far in advance. It's excellent value, probably the best in the Sands for what you getting.

Regards.

Brett | Owner | Safaris For Me | South Africa

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: balule v klaserie

Brett - Great point about how booked they are. We booked a year in advance and specifically requested a room that had lots of good recommendations on here. We met a couple while we were there that had asked for the same room and couldn't believe it was taken when they booked. When we compared notes it turned out they had booked less than a week after we had. Those rooms go fast!

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: balule v klaserie

They really do - EP is a great option for a good value safari experience! Great traversing area, comfortable accommodation w/ awesome hospitality and food - Top marks in my books :).

Warm regards

Jacqui

35. Re: balule v klaserie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 22, 2014