We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving for Kruger in a few weeks....advice?

Carlisle, PA
Level Contributor
89 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving for Kruger in a few weeks....advice?

We are getting ready to go to Kruger mid July. After a 40 hour layover in Madrid (advice on that, or on Iberia Air?), we get to Johannesburg, and need to get to Kruger Lodge Resort, a time share outside of Kruger Gate. Still working on whether that should be a fly into Nelspruit, a drive down, or a "rent a ride". Hoping that July will give us OK weather and a chance to see a lot. And, after looking at other postings, I guess I'll need warmer clothes than I had planned. So....That's the outline....any suggestions? Should we pre book safari's through the park service? stay a night in the park (we're 20 minutes out)? Balloon over the park? We're open to almost anything.

And, does anyone know anything about fishing? My husband is an avid fly fisherman, and would like to give it a try.

Thanks.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,196 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving for Kruger in a few weeks....advice?

I would have a night in Kruger if you can.

Perhaps Lower Sabie or Satara. They are doable from Kruger Gate. Maybe even Olifants. This will give you a chance of seeing different, less busy, areas of the park.

Kruger questions can be posted on the www.sanparks.org forums. You will get oodles of response from there.

2. Re: Leaving for Kruger in a few weeks....advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:27 pm, June 16, 2006
3. Re: Leaving for Kruger in a few weeks....advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:46 am, August 13, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Level Contributor
89 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving for Kruger in a few weeks....advice?

You guys are all great! I can't wait to go!!!!!

We've never done a trip like this, and i'm feeling behind in my travel plans, but it sounds like that isn't the case. My husband will be thrilled to know about the fishing! What can I expect about food?