We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

Last week I was directed to http://gomag.co.za/kruger/index.html for excellent information on what roads are best for what..... today, all I get is the frontpage of Go! Kruger 2013 selling for 40 rand. Anyone know if the original pages are available by any other route?

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

waste of money I'd say.

Check the forum here and you will get more information than needed which areas are the most rewarding.

Don't forget, the animals go wherever THEY want and not what the best roads are.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

Thanks Klaus. I was not thinking about buying it, but last week I had followed this 2012 post:

"16. Re: Advice for First Time Self-Drivers: How to Find the Animals? 23 July 2012, 9:13 Have a look at this posted by Bwanadave some rime ago for best routes to see animals, we have found it very useful http://gomag.co.za/kruger/index.html "

This link was through to maps which gave details about what each road was like - you could just hover the mouse over each road on the maps and it gave details about vegetation type etc ... which was quite interesting - now these have disappeared and all I get is the Kruger2013 book link.

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

Hi there

We too have utilised and recommended the website.

A couple of years ago we printed off a lot of useful information from it so was a bit surprised to see you now have to pay. Lucky we still have the folder of information.

If you have an Ipad have you tried the app?. We have it downloaded as it was free at the time. Not sure about now.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

I think I then have to take my comment back. Thought it was one of the sightings websites. According to what I hear this must have been a rather informative website.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

Hi Klaus.

Lol, wondered what you meant about the animals .

While we probably won't use it much now it was a good website for beginners to the park, had good information about camps, picnic sites, roads, waterholes and much more.

Not a sightings app, like you I don't agree with them either.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
707 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

Make sure you buy the Kruger road map/animal guide at the entrance. It will show you all the roads, stops, campsites, waterholes, pictures of many of the animals etc.

Furthermore check the sanparks website and forum for your bookings and preparation: Best source available on the internet.

http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/

www.sanparks.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=67

And once you're arrived in a camp, check the boards were all todays/yesterdays postings have been posted. Most important thing: plan enough time (always to short) and talk to others once in the park.

Have fun

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

I have sent an email to the Go! E£ditor asking whether they would be kind enough to re-instate the road information maps/pages

Thanks everyone for your comments

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

Excellent advice from janjans.

We have found the 'Honeyguide' map/guide books available in the park to be outstanding and have pretty well all the information you could need.

Usually we have one in the car to get written on and messed up, one as a souvenir and one as a a spare!

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

Just had a reply from Go! Editor: "We've just migrated everything to a completely new website and updating all the content is taking time".. so hopefully the pages will re-appear.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best and worst roads etc Go Kruger 2013

This is probably a bit late for the OP but I have spent the past few hours searching for this website after scouring it for information in April ahead of my trip next week (yes I got a bit excited).

You can still access nearly all the pages via …archive.org/web/…index.html

It is a bit slow but still the best road guide available online.