We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger National Park Day Trip

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Kruger National Park Day Trip

Hi all,

I am wanting to know if it's possible to do a day trip to Kruger National Park? We are wanting to visit from Johannesburg

If it's possible how do we do it?

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kruger National Park Day Trip

From JHB to Kruger Park is app. 400 km one way.

I don't think a day trip is feasible. Rather look at Pilanesberg for day trips.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Weybridge
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kruger National Park Day Trip

I agree with Klaus, the distances are too far. Day trips to Pilanesberg from Jo'burg are very popular, and that would be what I would also recommend.

Tracey - Owner/Director, Travel Butlers

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kruger National Park Day Trip

Pilanesberg is your best bet for a day trip from Johannesburg. only 180Km away.

It is also a "big 5" reserve, and Malaria free.

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
801 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kruger National Park Day Trip

You need to plan an overnight stay for a Kruger trip. What about hiring a car - its an easy drive and will allow you flexibility?

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kruger National Park Day Trip

A day trip is not possible. But if you could fly there it can be done. for example: fly late afternoon (1 hours flight) met at the Nelspruit airport and overnight at a lodge on the banks of the river that border the Kruger Park. The next day at 5am you are collected and taken for a full day open vehicle game driver with a ranger in the Kruger National Park. You return to your lodge at 4pm and transfer back to Nelspruit airport, where you take the return flight back to Johannesburg. So it can be done.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

6. Re: Kruger National Park Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 27, 2014