We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour companies

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Tour companies

Can anyone recommend a good tour company I can book a 3 night 4 day safari with please

Thanks lisa

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
4,851 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour companies

Hi again Lisa.

Have you decided yet whether you are planning to stay in one of the private reserves or in the accommodation in the Kruger itself ?

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour companies

Hi

I'm not bothered either way were not driving so it would have to be a guided one so wanted a reputable company to arranged it I'm waiting on quotes from 2 companies.

I was going to book with Kruger itself but the pick up times from Jburg airport were to early for our flights so have to look at other companies x

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour companies

Have a look at

www.africadirect.co.za

They organise the safari, transfers, etc.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour companies

Thankyou x

5. Re: Tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:06 am, April 10, 2013
South Africa
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour companies

Search for 4-day Kruger National Park safari on google and then email some of the companies that offer that. Check out their reviews here on TA to see what you're getting. As others have said, a number of different companies offer guided Kruger National Park safaris. I disagree with the notion that they are all pretty much the same. That's like saying all restaurants or all hotels are pretty much the same. For starters, find out if their "Kruger Park safari" is actually based inside Kruger or not. Many stay outside Kruger and go in for one full day, but do most of their other game drives on other smaller reserves outside of Kruger (this keeps costs down). Also make sure they use open safari vehicles, and not closed minibuses as some operators do. If they offer guided safaris, make sure they are scheduled, fixed departures and don't pick up new guests on day 2 or day 3. Klaus recommended Africa Direct and they are excellent, but they are not a Kruger Park ground operator as such. Africa Direct is a booking agent and will focus on a lodge-based safari, which is one way to experience Kruger but certainly not the only way. If you cannot decide between a guided open vehicle safari in Kruger or a safari at a private game lodge (either in Kruger or at one of the private reserves adjacent to Kruger) you can also do both. Spend two nights in Kruger with an experienced guide on an open vehicle safari, followed by 2 nights at a private safari lodge for something different. Each of these different safari experiences has their pros and cons. Good luck with your search and enjoy Kruger! Hopefully it will not be a once-in-a-lifetime trip but the first of many!

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour companies

Thankyou for your advice I think I've got a lot more research to do:)) but can't wait to visit x

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour companies

I hope that this will not be viewed as advertising, as I would never do that and break the rules of TA. However, I do feel the need to correct a posting above stating that Africa Direct will "focus on a lodge based safari". If your budget cannot meet the rates of a lodge based safari, or this is not what you want, then Africa Direct will most certainly assist with the type of safari that you want, from self drive to guided.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour companies

Hi Tanya, apologies if I created the wrong impression, my bad. I was not aware that you offer guided safaris in Kruger that are not based at a private game lodge. Which ground operator do you use, or do you have your own open safari vehicles operating in Kruger? The OP asked about a "tour company" which to me means a ground operator who conducts guided tours to the Kruger National Park. That is a very different experience to a lodge-based safari and I wanted to highlight that difference. Perhaps I should've worded it differently, my apologies.

Onne

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour companies

Hi Onne, we have our own employed guides who offer various different types of safaris - from open vehicle safaris (in conjunction with Amber Africa), to safaris in our own air conditioned vans. Some clients choose to stay outside the park in places like Abangane Guest Lodge, from where our guides then fetch them and take them on safari, while others opt for the option of staying inside the park. No problem if that is how you interpreted "tour company" - I suppose it could mean many things. We are a tour operator, who try to help our clients find the option that best suites their requirements - we have even requested quotes from your company when we have felt that your product is suitable for our client's safari requirements.

Without wanting to get into any in depth discussions that may not be relivant to this poster's enquiry, I merely wanted to avoid the misconception being created that Africa Direct only assists with lodge based safaris.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct