We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Father/daughter safari don't need luxury spa experience

st Louis
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Father/daughter safari don't need luxury spa experience

I am completely lost. I am the Mom trying to figure out where to send these too. I have been reading so many posts my mind is swimming. Daughter will be spending 2 weeks in Hoedspruit area. doing a study abroad class. Her father is then flying in to meet her for an extra week. I need advice of where to send them. Husband will not enjoy a ultra exclusive place. He will say he is paying for the animal experience not spas and plunge pools, and they certainly don't need any place romantic, lol. Everytime I think I find something it is way more than we want to spend. Are there places that are all inclusvie that are less than $500 a night or am I being unreasonable?

He flys in on May 22, her group is supposed to drive from Hoedspruit to Johannesburg on May 23, Thanks for any assistance.

st Louis
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Father/daughter safari don't need luxury spa experience

Awesome everybody! Thank you so much for your advice. I am getting a better feel for how I should orgainized their time for them. (Yes i know it would be better if they did the research themselves but I am the offical house travel agent and they trust my opinion, lol).

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Father/daughter safari don't need luxury spa experience

So glad you have a better idea of what to look for and hope they have a wonderful wonderful trip - pity you aren't joining them. All the best

st Louis
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Father/daughter safari don't need luxury spa experience

I know! I want to go too. Younger daughter will still be in school, finals week. Plus we have to go to colorado that next weekend for a family wedding. To much happening at once. Husband and daughter will basically get off the plane and turn right around and fly to colorado.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Father/daughter safari don't need luxury spa experience

Never mind, maybe your turn will come one day. It's be a delight trying to help you plan. Love the bush so much and miss it terribly. Incidentally my photo of the leopard was taken on my first visit to Elephant Plains, it's an old lady called Ntima. She is gorgeous.

Cananda
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Father/daughter safari don't need luxury spa experience

I'm not sure if you've already figured out your situation, but I thought I'd share my info anyways. I volunteered at the Moholoholo Wildlife Rehab (30 minutes outside of Hoedspruit) a few months back and absolutely loved it. They have very nice cabins to stay at at the Forest Camp (that's what the hotel part is called). It is around 200 a night for 2 adults sharing a room, meals included which is very reasonable as it is a really nice place. It is right in the middle of a very "jungly" type of area with huge tress all over and wildlife everywhere you look. Baboons, zebras, giraffes and hippos are just some of the animals that roam around the area freely. Just a 2 minute drive away is the rehab where you can take tours and get up close to many animals like cheetahs, vultures, leopards, lions, honey badgers, raptors, hyenas and rhinos (and tons more). That is where I volunteered and it truly is a great place. Very close to the mountains as well which makes for a beautiful view.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g1238370-d123676…

st Louis
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Father/daughter safari don't need luxury spa experience

Hi thanks for the info. I have made at least one decision. I have a two night reservation for them at Gomo Gomo. Jacqui from Lodge Trackers had been a great help!

17. Re: Father/daughter safari don't need luxury spa experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 26, 2014