We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanda Tula, Motswari, Arathusa, Naledi or Pondoro?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tanda Tula, Motswari, Arathusa, Naledi or Pondoro?

Hello,

We are planning to start off our honeymoon with 3 nights at one private game reserve followed by a walking wilderness safari. We have narrowed it down to Tanda Tula, nThambo, Motswari, Arathusa, Naledi, and Pondoro. Any advice on which one to go to?

I think the BIGGEST priority (aside from budget) is seeing game. Ideally, we would stay somewhere where the animals come close to the lodge. Also, ideally, the drives would not be in big groups. Lower on the priority list (meaning we could really sacrifice these) are really good food and having a more adult atmosphere (less kids). Right now, we're leaning toward Tanda Tula (we especially like their star beds), but we would appreciate any advice!

Thanks in advance!

Totland, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanda Tula, Motswari, Arathusa, Naledi or Pondoro?

Might be a bit late in your planning. Sorry if that's the case. We've stayed at Tanda Tula twice and it ticks all your boxes and some more.

Fabulous place to stay, staff are fantastic, game viewing , which is in small groups, max 8 people, are superb. Food and accommodation excellent.

You won't regret going to Tanda Tula. We're already planning our third visit.

John andSue Blakemore

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanda Tula, Motswari, Arathusa, Naledi or Pondoro?

An absolute 5/5 for Tanda Tula too!

All the best,

Jacqui

Clearwater, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanda Tula, Motswari, Arathusa, Naledi or Pondoro?

Hi I'm staying at tanda Tula end of this month. Can you give me advise on what to wear for dinner or around the lodge?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanda Tula, Motswari, Arathusa, Naledi or Pondoro?

Hi SGK9812,

I personally would lean towards Thanda Thula, Motswari which are both in Timbavati or Arathusa which is in the Sabi Sands. I believe nThambo is also great but more basic than the others.

Lori m - Things are really casual at the safari lodges and there's no need to dress up, so you can wear whatever you're comfortable in. Nights and early mornings can get a bit chilly, so have something warm with you.

Enjoy.

Brett | Safaris For Me | South Africa

5. Re: Tanda Tula, Motswari, Arathusa, Naledi or Pondoro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 13, 2014