We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off Roading.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,575 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Off Roading.

I read that private lodge safaris are able to go off road to get up close to the game. I have been hard pressed to find info on Kruger Park safari (the ones by the camp themselves). Do they go partially off road too? Or do they just stay on the main road like the self driving option.

How about the Kruger Park private concessions? krugerpark.co.za/Kruger_Park_Private_Concess…

The way I understand it, these are private lodges found withIN kruger park. Are their safaris allowed to go offroading or are they also bound to Kruger's stay-on-the-main-road-only policy.? Thanks

Vula Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Eco Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Safaris, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Outlook Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Moriti Private Safaris
Safaris, Private Tours, Multi-day Tours
Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off Roading.

The Sanparks run game drives do not go off road. I am not sure about the lodges on concessions inside KNP. I suspect that they also are bound to stay on road but I can't tell you for sure.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,575 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off Roading.

Thanks! Guess it will be one or two KNP game drives and self drives for the rest.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,365 posts
6,130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off Roading.

The good news is that the high concentration of game in KNP means that you will likely encounter plenty of wildlife right off the main roads. However, the elusive wildlife will be difficult to see if they are off the road, under some brush or behind a tree.

Just keep your eyes peeled and also watch for the traffic jams as well. If you find a bunch of cars stopped with folks cameras pointed out of the windows, you'll know you're on to something.

Have a nice tim in KNP.

4. Re: Off Roading.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 15, 2013