We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 or 2 day safari

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
1 or 2 day safari

I'm going to be in South Africa during May for business and would like some advice on safari's. I potentially have either 1 or 2 days to do a safari whilst there and wondered if 1 day is enough/sensible and what the costs would be like for a guided 1 or 2 day safari? Preferably 1 day as my hotel costs will already be paid for and then I will not have to pay for extra nights elsewhere!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
334 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 or 2 day safari

Why do you not consider 1 full day Game Drive in Pilanesberg. This is 2 hours drive from Johannesburg and is also a Big 5 Game Reserve. 55000 ha big. You go early in the morning and came back the same day, or stay one night. There are very nice camps in Pilanesberg. You will love Pilanesberg.

To go to the Kruger is just too far for one night.

Agnes

Felleng Tours

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 or 2 day safari

That's exactly the kind of advice i need - thank you Agnes - how much does this sort of thing cost?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
334 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 or 2 day safari

It differs from company to company. Some companies quote minimun two traveling together. I suggest you search on the internet.

Agnes

phila
Level Contributor
277 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 or 2 day safari

Definitely go 2 days. While I would go one day rather than none, there is a big difference between 1 and 2 days. Oddly, I don't think there's much difference between 2 and 3 days unless you are going to multiple destinations.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
334 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 or 2 day safari

Just came back from Pilanesberg for one day tour and saw giraffes, zebras, antelope, and a herd of elephants right next to our vehicle. Had a wonderful one day safari.

Agnes

6. Re: 1 or 2 day safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, June 18, 2013