We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ideas for a sabi sands lodge close to Khoka Moya?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ideas for a sabi sands lodge close to Khoka Moya?

We are planning on staying in Khoka Moya with Honeyguides for 3 nights and then would like to move on to Sabi Sands for 2 nights. We were thinking Elephant Plains, but they are fully booked. Inyati has availability, but i can't tell from looking at a map, how far that drive would be. Does anyone know how long that would take or a website I could cheeck out that could tell me the distances between parks?

Also, has anyone used Honeyguides before? The website looks great and the reviews I read are fairly positive, but you never know!

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Illinois
Level Contributor
312 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ideas for a sabi sands lodge close to Khoka Moya?

Hello,

Look at the trip post from ca vol. She used Honeyguides and it was a fabulous experience. She gives a wonderful detailed account.

I also know that Londolizi at Sabi Sands is a great choice.

Don't know about the distances, sorry.

Have a great trip!

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ideas for a sabi sands lodge close to Khoka Moya?

Hi! To get from Khoka Moya to Inyati, would be about a 3 hour drive, as you have to drive right around the Sabi Sands to enter at one of the gates near to Inyati. Inyati can not be accesed from the Gowrie (northern) gate of the Sabi Sands, and you have to drive around. It would be worth the drive, though - the game viewing at Inyati is exceptional!

Londolozi is a great lodge, as the previous poster has pointed out, but I presume that you are considering the more affordable Sabi Sands options like Inyati & EP. Another great affordable lodge which is much closer to Khoka Moya, is Ngala Safari Lodge in the Timbavati.

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ideas for a sabi sands lodge close to Khoka Moya?

Hmmmm Khoka moya and Ngala, you cannot be gauranteed of the best game, why do you not bite the bullet drive the distance and do Khoka Moya and Kirkmans/NOttens as they are really good cost effective lodges in the best game area?

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ideas for a sabi sands lodge close to Khoka Moya?

Just as a matter of interest for those reading this forum, who may not be familiar with Ngala in the Timbavati - I have just returned from a 4 night stay at their one lodge, and saw all of the big 5 every single day, including the cutest lion cubs, 3 magnificent male lions, and a sighting of a mother leopard with her 3 sub adults - what a spectacular sight, seeing 4 leopards together!

5. Re: ideas for a sabi sands lodge close to Khoka Moya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, September 25, 2009