We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien, Le Victoria, Le Canonnier

Dubai
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Le Meridien, Le Victoria, Le Canonnier

Hi

Can someone please help!

We are looking at going to Mauritius for our wedding in March 2009 and cant decide between Le Meridien/Le Victoria/Le Canonnier.

Has anyone stayed or heard anything about any of these resorts.

Anything will help.

Thanks

Angela

Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien, Le Victoria, Le Canonnier

Hi,

I've recently returned from my honeymoon in Africa (Sth. Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana) and lastly Le Meridien in Mauritius.

We had a FANTASTIC time in Africa, but Mauritius was not all it was cracked up to be. It depends on what you are looking for I suppose,but we have stayed in other resorts and would not reccommend Le Meridien (in particular) and Mauritius at all.

On the accommodation: Our room had mould on the bathroom roof - and our white floor mat came away black with one placing on the floor. (I never removed my thongs in the room!). Our mattress was VERY lumpy and uncomfortable and even had a hole in the side! The rooms were definitely not up to standard for 4 and a half star accommodation. We thought originally that this may have been just our room, but when we complained on the first day, nothing was done. Talking to other guests (some of whom had travelled around the world scuba diving) said also that their rooms were of a similar state.

On service: At restaurants we expect some degree of service. Especially as we had come from African countries were waiters/waitresses couldn't do too much for you, they were there to get you whatever you wish. In Mauritius we found that we were sitting at our lunch/dinner table often for 30mins before our entree or mains order was taken. On top of this when we ordered drinks we were often left wondering if they had forgotten it - and just as we had put the drink in the forgotten box, some 30-45 minutes later our drinks would arrive?!

The only other thing I will mention is that at the resorts prices are VERY inflated. Buying a bottle of water at our resort cost 105 rupee, yet it was only 12 rupee at the supermarket. That adds up!

I can only tell you of our experience at Mauritius, in particular Le Meridien, but unfortunately it was not the luxurious end to our honeymoon that we had hoped.

2. Re: Le Meridien, Le Victoria, Le Canonnier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 25, 2009