We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 day safari to Marc's Treehouse Lodge - Viva Safari's

London
3 posts
Save Topic
6 day safari to Marc's Treehouse Lodge - Viva Safari's

Hi there,

I am looking at doing the 6 day safari to Marc's Treehouse through Viva Safari's end of next year. I have read the reviews and they seem pretty decent and the price is very resonable. Is there anyone else who has done this safari and has a review? I love the idea of sleeping in a tree house as I have dis this in India and loved it!. (slightly different)

If anyone has done Kruger Park Safari that they would reccommend then please let me know as I am only researcing at the moment and there are so many choices.

I am coming from London and doing a round the world trip and want to make it worth while!

Thanks everyone!

Freebirdnz

Outlook Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Vula Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 day safari to Marc's Treehouse Lodge - Viva Safari's

Hello freebirdnz,

I did the 4 day trip earlier this year. It was winter and a bit chilly. The accommodation was good and unique. If you go for the 6 days try to get a bathroom in your tree house.

The Game drives were wonderful in game viewing vehicle which is good for photos.

We had 2 day Game Drives in Kruger and saw the Big 5 on the 1st day.

New York City, New...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 day safari to Marc's Treehouse Lodge - Viva Safari's

My wife and I stayed with viva safari's for 10 days and LOVED IT!!!! They are super accomadating and friendly. We stayed at the tree house for 5 nights and the other 5 nights we stayed at a lodge about 30 minutes down the road, also operated by Viva Safari's. This all being back in September 07. The game drives are a blast. After breakfast, you will be driven to the park in a van, and upon arrival, move over to an open vehicle. You'll ride for a few hours, have lunch, then ride some more and then you'll be on your way back to the lodge, usually right around sunset. The food at Marc's was really good. Usually first course is soup, then a main entree and then a small dessert. For breakfast, there is cereal and sometimes muffins. Marc's is loaded with small little monkeys that love to watch you eat. There is also a pool and a small bar. The treehouse's are fun but if you can, get one with a bathroom and shower in it just like the other person said. I had one and it was quite a luxury compared to some of the other folks who when nature called at 3am, had to climb down the stairs of their treehouse and walk to the nearest bathroom. If you are staying for 6 nights, I highly suggest you do the Blyde River Canyon Cruise. It is the world's 2nd or 3rd biggest canyon and totally stunning. You'll also be given the option of going to a rehab center for injured animals, but honestly I felt it was pretty lame and would have rather been in the park. Also request to do a morning and afternoon bush walk. You'll be lead by two armed guides who will point out to you footprints, dung, etc. If you can, leave yourself a day in Joburg. I was a little hesitant about all the talks of crime I had heard of but we had no problems whatsoever. If you have anyother questions, feel free to contact me.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 day safari to Marc's Treehouse Lodge - Viva Safari's

Hi Freebirdnz,

Did you end up doing this? I am booked in for it in October and wondering how yours went.

Was there any problems with monkeys or baboons coming in the treehouses? I have stayed in places where they tell you to keep doors and windows shut because of the cheeky monkeys stealing things from rooms - admittedly this was in more built up area in southern asia.

Any tips you can give me?

Appreciate your help :-)

4. Re: 6 day safari to Marc's Treehouse Lodge - Viva Safari's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 28, 2009