We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where in kruger?? some say......

new delhi
Level Contributor
268 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
where in kruger?? some say......

hi, me and my family (husband wife and two kids 10 and 12 yrs)

planning to visit south africain first week of june. we love safari and the more i searched more confused i became. lot of people have suggested lot of things. so finally i have shortlisted bongani mountain lodge for two nights and kirkmans kamp at sabi sands for two nights. please suggest are they nice choices or should i look for something else....

thanx

sandy

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where in kruger?? some say......

Hi Sandy. Kirkmans is a great option and I'm sure your family will have a great safari experience there. However, I don't recommen Bongani Mountain Lodge. In stead I would recommend that you rather stay at Kirkmans for all 4 nights (you'll get a better rate in any case if you stay for the 4 nights) or alternatively more to another Sabi Sands lodge for the other 2 nights. I would then recommend that you don't go to a lodge in the northern Sabi Sands because you will either have to fly there or do a 3 hour road transfer on the outside of the Sands to get to the northern lodges. (No one is allowed to travel on the inside of the Sands from a Southern/Western lodge to the north.)

So, your affordable options in the Sabi Sands would be Nottens or Inyati. Both these lodges will offer excellent safari experiences for your whole family and will by far exceed any experience that Bongani could offer!

Let me know if you need any further advice - I have stayed at all of the lodges and will gladly answer any questions that you may have!

2. Re: where in kruger?? some say......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 30, 2009