We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Adding on to Trip to Zulu Nyala

NY
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Suggestions for Adding on to Trip to Zulu Nyala

Hi. We'd like to add on to our trip as we wish to stay more than six nights once we make the trip all the way to Africa. Can anyone recommend other places in South Africa to visit that would compliment this safari experience? We love adventure, fine wine, snorkeling, and peace. Thanks!

13 replies to this topic
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,911 posts
21 reviews
11. Re: Suggestions for Adding on to Trip to Zulu Nyala

Where/what is zulunatal?

You can see cats in many/most of the public and private reserves in KwaZulu Natal. Zulu Nyala is just too small to support predators, most other reserves like Tembe, Manyoni, Hluhluwe-iMfolozi are and cats (as well as wild dogs at these!) are present.

All of the private reserves in KZN have collectively agreed to remove all horns from their rhinos to protect them during the current poaching crisis. That leaves the rhino on public land like hluhluwe-iMfolizi in more danger. It's a shame but they feel it's necessary.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
964 posts
35 reviews
12. Re: Suggestions for Adding on to Trip to Zulu Nyala

I just wanted to bump this topic up since I see the OP posted this in 2015. Was curious what you decided to do and see and how Zulu Nyala was for you. I also will have about 2 extra days and wondering where we should go afterwards. The other option would be to fly back to Johannesburg and hang out there for a few days before flying home to the States.

Pembroke Pines...
Level Contributor
10 posts
61 reviews
13. Re: Suggestions for Adding on to Trip to Zulu Nyala

Yes, there is a suggested snorkeling/diving spot not far. It can be called an "excursion" from the safari resort. (or what is referred to as the tented area.) My daughter and I chose to fly into Cape Town (from Johannesburg) and did a week there first. (the beach areas, Tabletop Mt., the penquins--love the penquins--the wineyards, a concert and more. BUT--he were tricked into losing our credit cards there our first day. We were OK on the money issue, but it put a damper on our beginning. We did Victoria Fallas AFTER the safari. Contact me anytime at ramona9136@gmail.com

Reply to: Suggestions for Adding on to Trip to Zulu Nyala
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted