We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice

Which Hluhluwe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Ice

We are doing another trip to SA again, a part self-catering and fully serviced Lodges. This time we will be going back to semi basics, back to nature scenario but also going to very nice fully catered. My question is are ice bags available in the major fuel stops garages etc. around Imfolozi and the towns before there ? Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ice

Hello, the answer is yes. i do this trip often and have bought ice in the supermarkets in Hluhluwe and all the fuel stations keep ice as well.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ice

Thanks Lyn, that solves a lot of headache about keeping food cold etc.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ice

Hello and the best place for ice depending on which direction you are coming from is Hluhluwe town or St Lucia. There are Spar stores in both places. Don't rely on Imfolozi having ice in stock, though you will be able to make your own once there. I am a regular visitor and did put a route map together on a trip listing filling stations & supermarkets if that helps. I love that part of the world and regularly holiday there.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ice

Hi Mark H90

Would a copy of your route map with filling stations and supermarkets be of use to use to us. We are driving up from Ballito via the coast to Imfolozi. We will also be self catering at Mkuze and maybe Kosi Bay. If it is valid, maybe you could private email me a copy. We too love KZN area, you should be a DE for the area!! Many Thanks.

5. Re: Ice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, January 17, 2017