We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas period tours and activities

2 posts
Christmas period tours and activities

We are going to be in the St Lucia / Hluhluwe–iMfolozi Park area around 23rd-26th December. Are there still tours running over this period? Do things close down or do the companies still run them as it is peak time? We probably won't want to do a tour on Christmas day, but will want to do things on Christmas eve. Do the restaurants in down close down for Christmas or is it easy to find places open? Any advice appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Christmas period tours and activities

Hello and other than Christmas Day I am sure everything will be open as normal. I would suggest you book accommodation very early as its a very busy time. You can also look at potential activities and check well in advance whats available. Its turtle season then so you could be lucky on a turtle tour. Here is a link for things to do safarikzn.com/ten-must-do-activities-in-the-… and also check out www.kznwildlife.com for gate opening times and access over the holidays.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

2 posts
2. Re: Christmas period tours and activities

Thank you for your help, the turtle tour sounds amazing. Are there any suggested operators for the walking tours? Also is it possible to see hippos on a cruise at any time of day or are certain times better than others?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Christmas period tours and activities

Hello & no problem. I stayed at Thonga Beach Lodge with the sole purpose of weeing turtles. We were successful and what a thrill! Search for activities in and around St Lucia / Elephant Coast / Zululand for general ideas. There may be walks available in the area but I know some operators stop these during the hot summer months. Yes for the hippo's. I have been out on estuary cruises with Advantage Tours. Very good sightings of hippos, crocs & birdlife. There are also ocean safari's. Never a bad time but I think the busiest cruises are sunrise & sunset.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Reply to: Christmas period tours and activities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted