We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reliable tour operators

Which Durban hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
India
Level Contributor
163 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
reliable tour operators

hi,

I am looking for some reliable tour operators ,operating from Durban to help us plan a trip to Kruger (and Panorma) for June-July.............any suggestions

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
959 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reliable tour operators

Hi, you can try doing it your self.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reliable tour operators

Hello and if you are in Durban why not consider staying in the province of KwaZulu Natal? You could as said above drive yourself or you could use a tour company. I have not used them but know of a company called CCTouring. Hluhluwe-Imfolozi is one of the best reserves in SA and you can either drive yourself or use company based up that way. There are also some stunning private reserves & lodges. The coast up there is lovely to and some reserves border the ocean. The St Lucia Wetlands is well worth a visit to.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

India
Level Contributor
163 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reliable tour operators

hi,

Thanks for reply......

we will be exploring KZN during our stay but really want to go to Kruger too.........though everyone tells us the drive is heavenly (from Durban to Kruger ) but I want to explore the tour operator option before committing myself to this long drive (and then inside the game park too)

any more suggestions?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reliable tour operators

Hello and I have never been to Kruger so can't help you there. I am sure someone will be able to help though. Take a look at my site for ideas in KZN. There is so much there as I said. I can also recommend specific places but that will probably lead to my post being deleted.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reliable tour operators

It is a lovely drive drom Durban to Kruger, because you can include st Lucia, Hluhluwe Game Reserve, then travelling northwards, you enter Swaziland, i recommend you stay one night at Foresters Arms which has lovely food and a good wine cellar, then north again through the Jeppes Reef border post and into Kruger Park at the Malalane gate, then you have options of staying in Kruger or outside at Hazyview and taking a game drive each day. Costs can be reasonable depending on where you stay. It is a good idea to also include the Panorama Route which is near Hazyview.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

Durban...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: reliable tour operators

I had a similar tripe using the company called 1st zulu safaris and it highly recommended you should try them they will make your trip unforgetable that a promise.

India
Level Contributor
163 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reliable tour operators

thanks a lot.........

Grahamstown
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: reliable tour operators

I strongly suggest 1st Zulu Safaris. My Family and I did a trip with them called the Mini Safari and it was excellent. A Friend of my once mentioned that she did a trip with them that includes Kruger National Park, it was an 8 Days and 7 nights trip. They departed form Durban to St.Lucia - Swaziland - Kruger National Park (They spent about 3 Nights in Kruger), I'm not sure of the other stops after Kruger bt they continued to Johannesburg and visited the Apartheid Museum and then went back to Durban. She also mentioned that they do customized trips according to their cleints. I hope this will help you.

9. Re: reliable tour operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:34 am, May 05, 2013
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reliable tour operators

Highly recommend Africa Direct ... tanya@africadirect.co.za Even though I am South African, I always book through Tanya as she has great passion and knowledge of options for safari and gives lots of advice and good deals. Enjoy your trip.

Edited: 1:26 pm, April 30, 2013